[EM] Tentative replacement for CD

C.Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 3 06:16:32 PDT 2011

Mike,
Your new suggested criterion is failed by anything that meets both of
the Plurality
and Minimal Defense criteria.

27: A>B
24: B (sincere might be B>A)
49: C

Together they say that  B must win here, but your suggested criterion
says that B can do
no better than tie with A,

The only 2 methods I can think of that for sure meet your suggested
criterion are IRV (aka Alternative Vote)
and MMPO.

It is for sure failed by   SMD,TR  (the method you're calling DP) even
though that fails Plurality.
It disqualifies both A and C. If the B voters had sincerely middle-rated
A then only C would have
been disqualified and A would have won.

Chris Benham