[EM] Favorite multi-winner voting system

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sun Nov 13 17:23:36 PST 2011

> 	Following up on last-month's poll for favorite single-winner voting system, I am now doing a poll for favorite multi-winner voting system.

> 	http://opavote.org/vote?ekey=agNzdHZyEAsSCEVsZWN0aW9uGJTHHww

	¿Why do not you have the best multiwinner proportional system Asset-Voting invented by Lewis Carroll?  If you insist on STV-like systems, RRV (Reweighted Range-Voting uses STV, but takes into account how-much people love the candidates.

	You should not list Approval.  Approval Voting is single-winner.  A single-winner system used for multiwinner can cause a party with plurality to get all seats:

	This is what happened at the WikiMediaFoundation.  They heard good things about Schulze-Condorcet and used it for multiwinner.  Now a plurality-faction controls the whole legislature of the WikiMediaFundation.

	Speaking about singe/multi-winner, I hope that you count your votes using a voting system for single-winner like Condocet.    If you count the votes using a system for multiwinner like STV, the results will be garbage because of nonmonotonicity.

	In the future, for single-winner polls, I suggest Score-Voting with a range of 00-99, or if your software can correctly handle negative votes, -99 to +99 so that people can express how-much they hate certain options.

	For future multiwinner polls, I suggest RRV (Rewweighted Range-Voting).