[EM] Public Apology

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sun Nov 13 13:20:57 PST 2011

	¡Hello!

	¿How fare you?

	I must apologize to Kevin Venzke particularly and the listmembers generally.  What I did is an example of what not to do, so I shall layout what I did for the educational value:

	I had trouble sleeping, so I checked mine email.  In EM, several idiots metooed (made vacuous response to posts followed quoting the whole message) and others rightly complained about it.

	Despite being tired and unable to concentrate, I wrote a message.  The message had 3 sections:

	0	¿How to post properly?
	1	¿How to deal with offenders?
	2	¿How to choose a good emailclient?

	Being tired, I did not break it up into sections properly.  Still, I stand by those sections.

	I included 1 joke for comic relief.  Since the joke refers to a song instantly recognizable throughout the English-Speaking countries and refers to widely known events, I decided to make the title a reference to the song and events.  I figured that 90% of readers would get it immediately.  In my sleepiness, I forgot that many members are from other parts of the world.  I apologize.  This is doubly embarrassing because a few months ago I had substantial interactions with Kristofer Munsterhjelm of Norway.  I should have known better.  I should have remembered the people who would not get the references.

	A few hours later when Kevin Venzke called mine whole post garbage just because he did not get the reference (I understand that you did not get the reference because you are French, but not getting a reference does not mean that the whole post is garbage) and then accused me of telling the listmembers to kill themselves  ——  ¡I never suggested that and expect an apology from him!  ——  I was both cranky and angry.

	My reply to him basically boils down to him having lived his life under a rock.  I am sorry for that.  I should not have flamed him, but he should have not made the false claim that I told the listmembers to kill themselves.

	After I finally managed to sleep, I realized that I made a complete ass of myself.  I decided to wait a few days to let things cooloff and then apologize.

	¡I apologize!

	When I flamed Kevin Venzke I explained all references in the song but 1.  I was tired and forgot it.  Helen Keller was a very successful blind/deaf-woman.  I also referred to other things in the flame to Kevin Venzke:

	Paul is a movie.  It is full of in-jokes referring to other movies.  If one has not seen the other movies, not only is Paul not funny, it does not make sense.

	Darmok is an episode of Star Trek:  The next Generation.  It features the Tamarians.  Their language is all references to their mythology.  If one does not know their mythology, their languages is incomprehensible because one does not get the references.

	Because this is an apology to Kevin Venzke, I shall send it to him.  Robert Bristow-Johnson participated in the thread so I include him.  I referred to Kristofer Munsterhjelm, so I include him.  I also include the whole list to apologize to everyone else.

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

Skype:
	Walabio

An IntactWiki:
	http://intactipedia.org/

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”
	——
	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan