[EM] Remember Toby

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 00:28:04 PDT 2011

My impression was that the "remember Toby" thread(s) was (were) inclining
towards advocating simpler systems than CSSD. I heard more support for C//A,
minimax, and SODA.

Separately, I agree that it's best to describe a system by focusing on the
outcome rather than the procedure. The difference is not so large for C//A
and SODA; for minimax, though, that inclines one to the "least extra votes"
description. (Although with a covering Smith set > 4, this is not
technically identical to minimax, I'm happy to ignore that difference, or
even to actually use the "least extra votes" system instead of minimax.)

JQ