[EM] C//A

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Jun 16 11:25:02 PDT 2011

Chris,

from the responses I've been getting it appears that the ballot would not be accepted.  Even the simpler
four slot ballot with two bubbles [(2)  (1)] is deemed too complicate by the EM list members if it is to be
interpreted as a score equal to the sum of the darkened digits.  Not that people cannot add one to two,
but that the idea is too far out.

But I could argue that if the idea of rating on a scale of zero to two using the two bubbles is acceptable,
by darkening (1) for a score of one, or (2) for a score of (2), then how is it so much harder to say that if
both bubbles are darkened, we will interpret that as a score of three?

My Best,

Forest