[EM] Remember Toby

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Mon Jun 6 19:10:04 PDT 2011

Having flunked on a detail Saturday, I will try to do better tonight.

This SODA is a possibility for improving Approval.

I remain a Condorcet backer:
      . What it offers is valuable to voters seeing the value of
ranking in voting.
      . Approval voting is doable within Condorcet (and having full
value within its capability) for those preferring to avoid actual
ranking.

On Jun 6, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Jameson Quinn wrote:
> 2011/6/6 <fsimmons at pcc.edu>

Exactly what the candidates may/shall do is a topic for later design.
It starts with:
      . Before the election the candidates define what voting they
will do if lack of winner gives them the opportunity/duty.
      . Voters know of these promises and either do Approval voting or
do bullet voting to have the voted for candidate vote as promised.
      . If no winner these extra votes hopefully will see to deciding
on a winner.