[EM] Remember Toby

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 01:32:40 PDT 2011

On 1.6.2011, at 5.46, fsimmons at pcc.edu wrote:

> I agree with Kevin that "elect the CW if there is one, else elect the
> candidate ranked (or ranked above last) on the greatest number of ballots" is plenty simple, and is much
> more satisfactory than MinMax or Copeland in other respects.

In what sense is the above mentioned "implicit approval cutoff" + Approval to resolve is the best "simple" method? If compared to MinMax, is it maybe easier to explain to the voters, more strategy free, or yields better winners? Would an explicit approval cutoff be fine (to allow full rankings to be given)?

Juho