[EM] The "Single Contest" method (pt 2)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:16:04 PDT 2011

Yes, I expected that the sim voters will never be able to trust automation,
that for any rated method they'd tend to either compromise or truncate
excessively.

But it does give me an idea. If you were to use this method in real life,
you could have ratings ballots and an empirically-chosen fixed threshold.
It's equivalent to your ranked version, strategically, but gives more info
and takes less effort from voters (if B+L are to be believed).

JQ