[EM] An interesting real election

Andrew Myers andru at cs.cornell.edu
Sun Jan 30 12:31:55 PST 2011

On 1/30/11 2:39 PM, Paul Kislanko wrote:
> Strike my previous reply... Didn't notice that #6 pairwise beat #1,
> but pairwise lost to #2-#5.
> Here's a case where I'd actually like to see instead of the pairwise
> matrix the matrix that shows counts of votes for #1, #2, ... #5. In
> particular, which is the Bucklin winner?
> #6 loses or ties with every alternative except #1.
I've attached the ballots. Note that there were actually 15 candidates
in this election; I just showed the action for the top 6 in my earlier
mail.  Each ballot is one row, and position x shows the ranking that the
voter assigned to candidate x. The listing uses the unranked numbers for
the candidates, so the top 6 candidates are not candidates 1-6. There is
also one more ballot in the listing below than for the matrix I sent
earlier, but the same relatively interesting situation still pertains.

-- Andrew