[EM] Trying to out-do... a result! pt 2

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km-elmet at broadpark.no
Mon Feb 21 02:31:18 PST 2011

Kevin Venzke wrote:

> Now, if only we could use something more clone-friendly than first
> preferences... The tricky thing is that most other metrics (such as
> worst pairwise loss) are already vulnerable to burial.

It would be a very strange system, but perhaps IRV. Define the ordering
so that if X is eliminated before Y, Y is ranked ahead of X. IRV itself
is cloneproof, which Plurality isn't, so the result should at least be
more clone-friendly.

I'm not sure, but I have the feeling that the Plurality variant would
not be monotone. The IRV variant wouldn't be, either.