[EM] Approval strategy

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 09:27:35 PST 2011

Mike wrote
> > As for myself, in Score-Voting, I'd probably use non-extreme
> > points assignments only in two instances:
> >
> > 1. The excellent diplomatic ABE solution that you suggested
> for
> > Score-Voting

Forest replied

I assumed you meant my Smith//Range proposal (for which FBC is in doubt).

[endquote]

I was referring to your suggestion, in Score-Voting, in an ABE situation, to say:

"We A voters are going to give to B just enough approvals to help B win if B has
more 1st choice support than A. If B doesn't have that, then our help to B won't be
enough, and C will win. But, if A has more first-choice support than B, and if you
B voters give to A the amount of help that we're giving to B, then A will win instead
of C."

Of course, if the method is Approval, then that fractional support could be
accomplished probabilistically.

Mike Ossipoff