[EM] Approval Strategy

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Sun Dec 25 08:51:44 PST 2011

Mike wrote
> > As for myself, in Score-Voting, I'd probably use non-extreme
> > points assignments only in two instances:
> >
> > 1. The excellent diplomatic ABE solution that you suggested
> for
> > Score-Voting

Forest replied

> Excellent except that satisfaction of the FBC is in doubt.

I assumed you meant my Smith//Range proposal (for which FBC is in doubt).
But you probably meant my more recent MMMPO aka LRV which does satisfy the FBC.

In the first method zero info strategy does take care of the ABE defection problem, but potential
failure of the FBC is bad for a public proposal.