[EM] Sorry--One more revision of MMT

C.Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 6 09:55:41 PST 2011

Mike,

I was a bit confused about this for a while, because your definition of
MMT doesn't make clear that a "majority candidate set" may contain only
one candidate.

Given that this uses 3-slot ballots, isn't it just (interpreting any
above-Bottom rating as approval)  "Majority Approval//Top Ratings"?

*If no candidate is majority-approved elect the most top-rated
candidate. Otherwise elect the most top-rated majority-approved candidate.*

But of course that fails Later-no-Harm, because it could be that if some
voters vote A truncate then no candidate will have majority approval and
A wins but if they vote A>B then B will have majority approval and the
win will change to B.

Chris Benham