[EM] Forest: The example. Jameson: SODA

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:42:13 PST 2011

Forest:

I find nothing wrong with electing C in the example below, unless someone can point out
a strategy problem.

33 A
17A=C
17B=C
33 B

Of course I also find nothing wrong with an A,B tie there either,
as is given by some other good FBC/ABE methods, and by Approval.

Either outcome seems perfectly ok.

Jameson:

I'm sure that there's nothing wrong with SODA's results. And methods
like that can avoid strategy problems, by means of their unconventional
use of delegates/proxies.

If it can be enacted, it would be great.

If there were an initiative petition for SODA, I'd sign it.

If a SODA initiative were on the ballot, I'd vote for it.

Mike Ossipoff