[EM] EM] IRV's adequacy depends on a two-party system

David L Wetzell wetzelld at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:32:40 PST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MIKE OSSIPOFF <nkklrp at hotmail.com>
To: <election-methods at electorama.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:19:28 +0000
Subject: [EM] IRV's adequacy depends on a two-party system

David Wetzel said:

s for center-squeezing, that's not really a problem in the US as a

whole...
Third parties are too small and scattered.

[endquote]

MO: Ok, so David is saying that IRV is adequate adequate only in a
two-party system.

dlw: David is saying,

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change [two-party
dominated system in US]

and the courage to change the things I can change [rallying support of
others around American forms of PR + IRV]

and the wisdom to tell the difference between a dysfunctional
two-party system and one that would "work".

dlw