[EM] Voting reform statement; a clearer and more inspiring, version

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Wed Aug 24 17:52:59 PDT 2011

On 8/24/2011 2:15 PM, Markus Schulze wrote:
> Well, one of the most frequently used arguments
> against Condorcet methods is that there are too
> many Condorcet methods and that there is no
> agreement on the best one.
>
> Markus Schulze

Perhaps we can add a statement that says something like:

"In most cases the different Condorcet methods identify the same winner.
  Occasionally they identify different winners, but those situations
involve complications that make it difficult to objectively determine
which candidate is really the most popular. Each of these Condorcet
methods has slight advantages and disadvantages compared to one another,
and some are easier to explain than others. Yet in all cases they
provide dramatically fairer results compared to plurality voting, and
significantly fairer results compared to instant-runoff voting, so any
of them is suitable for use in governmental elections."

Richard Fobes