[EM] SODA and the Condorcet criterion

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:33:04 PDT 2011

I want to thank Jameson for taking the ball and running with it on SODA.  I really appreciate his talented
and energetic work on elaborating, explaining, and selling the method.

It's exciting to me to see the possibilities.

Here's more evidence of monotonicity:

With a three candidate cycle

x A>B>C
y B>C>A
z C>A>B

if x>y>z, then A plays first, but B wins the election.

If the B faction increases at the expense of the x faction so that  y>x>z, then B goes first, and still wins!
(because ACB is opposite the cyclic order of the beat cycle)

The other nice thing about SODA and strong first play order is that it makes the game of chicken go
away.