[EM] Amalgamation details, hijacking, and free-riding

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:31:39 PDT 2011

2011/8/4 <fsimmons at pcc.edu>

> [...]

This is only true if you define the "hijacking faction" in terms of the
ultimate beneficiary, the winner. But a minor faction could hijack another
minor faction to shift the frontrunner.

I agree, it's unlikely. But the very possibility, to me, rankles more than
the average strategy. In fact, I suspect it would open the process to legal
challenges.

Anyway, I don't see why it's necessary. All it gains you is summability;
which is nice, but in the age of fast data pipelines it is not a necessity.

JQ