[EM] Enhanced DMC

C.Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 10 17:37:57 PDT 2011

Forest,
The "D" in DMC used to stand for *Definite*.

I like (and I think I'm happy to endorse) this Condorcet method idea,
and consider it to be clearly better than regular DMC

Could this method give a different winner from the ("Approval Chain
Building" ?) method  you  mentioned in the "C//A" thread (on 11 June 2011)?

>Initialize a variable X to be the candidate with the most approval.
>
>While X is covered, let the new value of X be the highest approval candidate that covers the old X.
>
>Elect the final value of X.
>
>For all practical purposes this is just a seamless version of C//A, i.e. it avoids the apparent
>abandonment of Condorcet in favor of Approval after testing for a CW.
>

>Assuming cardinal ballots, candidate  A covers candidate B, iff whenever B is rated above C on more
>ballots than not, the same is true for A, and (additionally) A beats (in this same pairwise sense) some
>candidate that B does not.

Your newer suggestion  ("enhanced DMC") seems to have an
easier-to-explain and justify motivation.

Chris Benham