[EM] : Chicken problem (was: SODA and the Condorcet

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Sat Aug 6 14:37:27 PDT 2011

Jan,

IRV elects C like all of the other methods if the B faction doesn't truncate.  But IRV elects A when the B
faction truncates.  Of course, with this knowledge, the B faction isn't likely to truncate, and as you say C
will be elected.

The trouble with IRV is that in the other scenario when the B faction truncates sincerely because of
detesting both A and C, IRV still elects A instead of B.