[EM] Instant Runoff Voting 3-candidate elections - pathologies considerably more common than you may have thought

Warren Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:43:35 PDT 2010

(continued)
in fact, to be precise, you can look at the 4 lines of the pink table
involving R, optionally with a subset of {S,T} added (which is why 4
lines), ONLY, to see how much Nagel should subtract off the total.
Binary = 01**000000
where * means either 1 or 0.
You'll see the subtraction is of a very small amount.
(Some lines missing since zero prob.)