[EM] (no subject)

Warren Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:52:32 PDT 2010

>>Robt Bristow-Johnson:
>>I disagree.  However, we don't really know the how the mechanics of
>>approval will work out in practice.
>Abd Lomax:
>Well, that's not entirely true. Approval Voting was used for hundreds
>of years in Venice...

--well, it'd be interesting to see your reactions to my attempt to
investigate this
very question in the about 45 Pope elections via approval voting.
I repeat the URL for the summary:
  http://rangevoting.org/PopeSummary.html
and the stories
  http://rangevoting.org/PopeElectionStories.html

Read 'em, you'll be amused, horrified, and freaked out probably.  It's
amazing the
shenanigans they did.  You can try to analyse alternate histories in many cases
(what would have happened with voting system X instead?).

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org  <-- add your endorsement (by clicking