[EM] A method "DNA" generator, tester, and fixer

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue May 25 10:08:56 PDT 2010

Kevin,

The following criterion is similar to Plurality.  Does it have a name?

If the number of ballots on which X beats Y is greater than the number of
ballots on which Y is ranked, then Y cannot be elected.

It is satisfied by Approval, Bucklin, and Beatpath(wv).

In the case of Beatpath, the one step path from X to Y is a beatpath of greater
strength than any path that begins with Y, as long as we are using wv to measure
defeat strength.

Also, my minimum reluctance method satisfies the criterion.

Any decent method that doesn't satisfy it?

Forest