[EM] Proportional election method needed for the Czech Green party - Council elections

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed May 5 18:48:05 PDT 2010

"a Condorcet winner can be a candidate that has the fewest first
preferences."

True in Condorcet, though not expected to happen often.  Compared with
each other candidate, the CW must win in each such pair.  Each such
can have first preference over the CW as seen by SOME voters.

IRV, looking only at first preferences while deciding which to
discard, will discard such a CW.  It is IRV's discarding without
looking at all that the voters vote that makes many of us desire to
discard IRV.

Dave Ketchum