[EM] Proportional election method needed for the Czech Green party - Council elections

Andrew Myers andru at cs.cornell.edu
Tue May 4 07:05:56 PDT 2010

If you are looking for a proportional Condorcet method, I will also
recommend the proportional election method that I developed. It is not
STV-like, but it achieves proportionality when there are blocs of
voters. It has the added advantage that it is already built into a
running Internet voting system, CIVS. This algorithm has been used for
many online polls and has been a success. The code of CIVS is publicly
available. For more information about the method, see:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/proportional.html

By the way, CIVS has recently acquired support for internationalization.
It would be easy to construct a Czech instance if someone were willing
to translate approximately 250 sentences from English to Czech. There
is, for example, a Hungarian version (see
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs-test/index.html.hu, translated
by Árpád Magosányi). I am in the market for help translating to other
languages.

Cheers,

-- Andrew