[EM] The worst about each system; Approval Preferential

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:33:02 PDT 2010

Abd ul,

I agree with virtually everything you say here. However, I would also
consider that an excellent system for electing one winner would be
"approval, every voter votes for up to two candidates, followed by a
runoff of the top two vote getters".  It solves some of the problems
of a simple runoff election, avoids the spoiler effect I think, and is
very fair.  Although it does seem to always require a runoff election.

Kathy

--

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org

Realities Mar Instant Runoff Voting
http://electionmathematics.org/ucvAnalysis/US/RCV-IRV/InstantRunoffVotingFlaws.pdf

Voters Have Reason to Worry
http://utahcountvotes.org/UT/UtahCountVotes-ThadHall-Response.pdf

View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051