[EM] Multiwinner Bucklin - proportional, summable (n^3), monotonic (if fully-enough ranked)

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 28 08:29:49 PDT 2010

Jameson Quinn wrote (26 March 2010):

<snip>
"Right now, I think MCV - that is, two-rank, equality-allowed Bucklin, with
top-two runoffs if no candidate receives a majority of approvals in those
two ranks - is my favorite proposal for practical implementation."
<snip>

Jameson,

What does "MCV" stand for?

Does "top-two runoffs" mean a second trip to the polls?

How are the candidates scored to determine the top two? Is it based on the
candidates' scores after the second Bucklin round?

Chris Benham