[EM] Irrelevant Ballots Independent Fallback Approval (IBIFA)

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sat Jun 19 18:45:49 PDT 2010

Without the puzzle sentence all that get ranked get counted.  Fine
with normal truncation, which  is normal for ranking.  If someone
ranks the bottom those count as least liked and rarely, if ever, cause
trouble.

With the sentence but no truncation, the bottom rank gets treated as
Bottom.

With the sentence and truncation it is easy to think of the lowest
actual rank as required to be treated as bottom.

Considering possible write-ins, do they make us see truncation?

I understand Chris is considering:
| I might change "ranking above at least one other candidate" to the
simpler (and more traditional) "ranking in any position".

Dave Ketchum