[EM] Condorcet question - why not bullet vote

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 16 14:29:49 PDT 2010

Hi Peter,

--- En date de : Mer 16.6.10, Peter Zbornik <pzbornik at gmail.com> a écrit :
>Thus: "If the three C voters will truncate then they will win instead of B
>in winning votes based Condorcet methods."
>
>This is correct, if proportional completion is not used (see page 42
>in http://m-schulze.webhop.net/schulze2.pdf)
>If proportional completion is used (which I would recommend) then B wins.

If you are using proportional completion (or "symmetric completion") then
you're not using winning votes, you're using margins.

Juho advocates MinMax(margins) which is why he posted this example
(Schulze is usually assumed to use winning votes), and also why he didn't
like it when I pointed out that clone independence and ISDA were the
probable answers to your criteria question

Kevin Venzke