[EM] Condorcet question - why not bullet vote?

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:01:57 PDT 2010

Chris, thanks for pointing these things out. I didn't know about the
Later-no-Help.

You write: "But all Condorcet methods fail Later-no-Help, and in some this
effect is sufficiently strong for the method to have a "random fill"
incentive."
Do you know for which Condorcet methods this effect is sufficiently strong
to have a random fill incentive?

You write: "That means that if you know nothing about how other voters will
vote you are probabilistically better off by strictly ranking all your least
preferred candidates."
Is this claim possible to prove or is it at least supported by some
evidence?

As for the no info, equal rank - this is a rational strategy when you have
no info. In real life you have a lot of information about the expected
voting behavior of others.

Peter