[EM] IRV vs Plurality (back to the pile count controversy)

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Thu Jan 21 13:07:09 PST 2010

i just want to settle the issue about how many piles one needs to be
"precinct summable" when there are N candidates.

Kathy was pointing to Abd ul as the qualified actor who "refuted" the
falsifiable assertion that i made that you needed only 9 piles for 3
candidates.  She repeated labeled (without any justification other
than citing Abd ul's blather) the math that i clearly presented as
"illogical".  Abd ul did nothing to support Kathy's assertion.

Kathy, fancying herself as an election security expert, continues to
try to taint IRV as being insecure because it's not "precinct
summable".  and that is a demonstrably false claim.

i'll leave it to the experts here to judge who was trying to stay on
topic and who was decreasing the signal-to-noise ratio with
unnecessary text (with aim to distract from the core issue and to
denigrate the other side).

r b-j

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com