[EM] IRV vs Plurality

Stéphane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 10 18:17:05 PST 2010

Mr. Bristow-Johnson is right.
I made a mistake. IRV did *not* produce the same result that FPTP (with
identical sets of preference) would have in Burlington..
I meant they both did not elect the most popular winner as he elegantly
wrote.

But I would underline the fact that my observations, that go without
saying according to Mr Bristow-Johnson,
("I can observe that IRV allows more often to obtain a Condoret winner
when plurality fails, than plurality finds a Condorcet winner when IRV
fails.")
seem to be contradicted by Mr Lomax own data....

S. Rouillon.