[EM] Looking for the name of a Bucklin variant

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 25 09:19:13 PDT 2010

Michael,

The method you describe was invented by Douglas Woodall and is called
"Quota-Limited Trickle Down".

I don't think that anyone now claims that it is a very good single-winner
method, but maybe you can
base an ok multi-winner method on it that meets Droop Proportionality.

Woodall had it meeting Majority for Solid Coalitions, his Plurality criterion,
mono-raise,
mono-remove-bottom, mono-raise-delete, mono-sub-plump, mono-add-plump,
mono-append and
Later-no-Help.

And failing Clone-Winner, Clone-Loser, Condorcet, mono-add-top, mono-sub-top and
Later-no-Harm.

Chris Benham