[EM] why can't we have the Ranked Ballot (even IRV) for primaries?

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Wed Aug 25 07:38:20 PDT 2010

we have a legitimate cliff-hanger here in Vermont with the Democrat
gubernatorial primary.

5 candidates, 4 that were all viable, 3 that are within 1% and the top
2 that are within 0.1%.

i wonder how close this would have been if there was something better
than FPTP.

it was a fascinating experience being a fly on the wall at one of the
campaigns.

now to pull on my Doug Racine T-shirt and go to the "unity rally".

L8r,

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com