[EM] More About Ranked Choice

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 19:08:26 PDT 2010

> What should such a group do? First, it should state that the concept of
> ranked voting is different from what method may be used as its back-end.
> Second, it should have a clear and easily understandable name for Condorcet,
> or for the Condorcet method it settles upon. The former could be done more
> simply: "round robin voting", "maximum majority voting", "championship" or
> "tournament" voting (but beware of equating it with an elimination
> tournament), etc. The latter would be more difficult, as Schulze, for
> instance, is hard to explain.

One cute term for Condorcet which I came up with some time ago is VOOOTE -
Virtual One-On-One Tournament Elections. Obviously, you can compress this to
VOTE, and modify it with an initial letter, as in B-VOTE (Beatpath etc.,
which would refer to Schulze.)

Feel free to use this idea if you like it.

JQ