[EM] Proportional election method needed for the Czech Green party - Council elections

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 05:01:23 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Jameson Quinn <jameson.quinn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not:
> - ranked votes
> - STV for council. Keep track of which members are elected first and second,
> one of them will be VP.
> - Condorcet winner among the councilmembers is P. (You could use original
> ballots or have the council revote.)
> - VP is first councilmember, or, if that person is P, second councilmember.

The order of election with PR-STV shouldn't be used to determine VP,
all seats are equal.

However, I think your idea to run condorcet after the PR-STV election
is a good idea.

I would change it to:

- ranked ballots
- PR-STV elects the council
- Excluding non-elected candidates
-- Condorcet winner is President
-- Condorcet runner-up is Vice President