[EM] A different "strategyproofness" notion

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Mon Oct 19 16:45:47 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 4:34 PM, . wrote:

> er, not "if they are the frontrunners", but "if they are PERCEIVED
> to be the front-runners", which was the whole point of the
> experiment. :)

Right. Strategy must be linked to knowledge (or at least conjecture)
about the behavior of other voters. A voter with zero knowledge (of
other voters) ought to vote like a dictator, regardless of method. I
think. That may not apply to approval, since there isn't really a
strategy-free approval vote.