[EM] Helping a candidate in the case of ties

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Thu Nov 26 18:15:55 PST 2009

On Nov 26, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
> Dave Ketchum wrote:
>
>> One thought I had was a base from which to think of more-or-less
>> controllable changes:  Start with equal size parties and all
>> members doing bullet voting - result is a tie with all candidates
>> getting equal votes for and against.
>
> How do you mean?

I had written numbers for a 3-member cycle - then started wondering
how difficult it would be to verify whether that set of numbers would
fit in a true election.

Starting from the base I describe here it is reasonably easy to
construct various vote counts for various purposes.  Not stated
explicitly, can be 3 or more parties each nominating one candidate.

Dave Ketchum