[EM] About non-monotonicity and non-responding to previous posts...

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sun Nov 8 10:32:27 PST 2009

On Nov 8, 2009, at 6:33 AM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:

> robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>> On Nov 5, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:

>>> Unlike FairVote et al, we don't have a strong voice saying "Hey
>>> public, if you think Plurality sucks, implement [method here]".
>> but if FairVote won't keep all of their eggs in the IRV basket,
>> then we need someone to do the same for Condorcet.
>
> FairVote doesn't? I thought their problem was that they had
> "committed" to IRV as the electoral method from heaven, and thus
> they have to stick with it rather than, for instance, say "Oh,
> oops, we were wrong, turns out that system is actually better".

when i'm typing away and composing sentences in my head, sometimes i
make the mistake of the "Wicked Bible".  usually the spurious
omission or spurious inclusion of the word "not" has the tendency to
change the meaning of a sentence to something not intended.  FairVote
*does* put all of their eggs in the IRV basket.  and i have many
times taken issue with them about it.  i've sorta tired of repeatedly
refuting Rob Ritchie recently.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com