[EM] (no subject)

Jonathan Lundell jlundell at pobox.com
Sat Nov 7 20:10:42 PST 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Juho wrote:

> Ok, these examples are sort of second level behind the hottest
> political arena. It makes sense not to involve party politics e.g.
> in decision making in the schools. Are there maybe counties/cities
> where the primary decision making body would have remained non-
> partisan?

In California, my sense is that most city elections and some county
elections are in fact (not just nominally) non-partisan. That's not
true for larger cities and counties, where the nominally non-partisan
seats tend to be the farm team for the major parties--it's how you get
on the ladder to the show.