[EM] Proportional Representation from Ratings Ballots

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:30:49 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm
<km-elmet at broadpark.no> wrote:
> How does IRV work in this situation? I'd guess that IRNR would work the same
> way. Unless I'm mistaken, the ballots would be considered exhausted and thus
> "removed from play", as it were.

If everyone bullet voted, then the N candidates with the most votes
would win the seats.

Any candidate which exceeded the quota would win immediately, but
there would be no transfers.

Thus the candidates would be eliminated one by one from the lowest
candidate until the remaining candidates are deemed elected without
hitting the quota.

In a single seat case, the winner would be the plurality winner.