[EM] Cramster question

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Thu May 14 13:03:24 PDT 2009

I personally like the idea of using Bucklin to break a Condorcet cycle.
Suppose alternatives Ax, Ay, and Az prevent there being a Condorcet winner.
Then find the best ranks Rx, Ry, Rz for which a majority of the voters rank
Ax, Ay, Az AT LEAST Rx,y,z respectively. If one of Rx, Ry, Rz is better than
the others, that determines the winner. If Rx=Ry=Rz (or the two best are
equal) then use the size of the respective majority (i.e. if 100 voters and
52 give Rx but 51 give Ry then Ax wins the tie with Ay.)

If both the R and #votes providing the majority that determines R are the
same we have a true tie. Either flip a coin or have a runoff.