[EM] Democracy

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Thu Mar 19 14:12:59 PDT 2009

Good Afternoon, Don

May I ask something about your post?  As written, it implies that you
equate voting and democracy.  As you said in your post of March 15th,
"Democracy is difficult to define." and I want to be sure I'm drawing
the correct inference before I respond.

Is it your belief that a political system, to be considered a democracy,
must incorporate voting?  Would you consider any other means of
determining the will of the people?

These seem like important questions for me to understand before I delve
into the matter of 'desire and ability'.

Fred Gohlke