[EM] Strategic voting in Condorcet & Range N-canddt elections - boiled down (& Ketchum reply)

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed Jun 10 14:04:51 PDT 2009

I said NOTHING about supposedly not caring about the current election,
although, if the expectable winners seem equally distasteful to me I
may not care as to that - assuming I do care, I should consider what
would be the best strategy for that.

What I AM saying is that I may care about future elections, and need
to consider what I can do now that will affect my future prospects.
For example, the major parties could be agreed on topics such as
abortion, marriage, or gun control, and a rising third party could, by
rising fast enough, scare them into reconsidering (all without
necessarily winning any election).

Dave Ketchum