[EM] tactical voting vs different methods

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 10 11:14:36 PDT 2009

Hello,

--- En date de : Mer 10.6.09, Árpád Magosányi <magwas at rabic.org> a écrit :
> What I am missing here is analysis of the impact of voting
> method on the strategy of voters and candidates.
>
> I hope a model could be set up which helps to understand
> this, but I have only faint ideas about how it could be
> done.

That is very complicated, and a major subject of this mailing list.

Here are the archives
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/

> How range voting and Condorcet (specifically Schulze)
> affects the chances of a cooperative and a confrontative
> candidate?

I have never seen persuasive arguments about the incentives for
candidates to be "cooperative" or "confrontational" under various
untried methods.

Kevin Venzke