[EM] voting strategy with rank-order-with-equality ballots

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 9 10:41:46 PDT 2009

Kevin,

"I have found that Schulze(wv) had little favorite betrayal incentive. In simulations I mentioned in June 05, out of 50,000 trials, Schulze(wv) showed incentive 7 times, compared to 251 for Schulze(margins), 363 for Condorcet//Approval, and 625 for my erroneous interpretation of ERBucklin(whole)."

What was this "erroneous interpretation"?  How can a method that meets Favourite Betrayal, such as ER-Bucklin(whole) ever show "favourite
betrayal incentive"?

Chris Benham