[EM] Schulze definition (was: information content, game theory, cooperation)

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:02:28 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Juho Laatu<juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> My thinking was that if the question on the
> referendum excludes IRV, then the final outcome
> is anyway likely to be Schulze (and the
> unlikely event of choosing some other one of
> the good Condorcet methods would not be a big
> problem).

But they could pick the bottom 2 runoff version of IRV, if all you
want is Condorcet compliance.

Some possibilities

"elect the condorcet winner if 1 exists, or the candidate with the
most first choices otherwise."

"elect the condorcet winner if 1 exists or the candidate chosen by the
outgoing PM otherwise".

It depends on how "evil" the legislators are.