[EM] Redistricting, now with racial demographics

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 07:27:46 PDT 2009

If one of the requirements is to secure representation within a state for the significant (racial) minorities within that state,
would it not make much more sense to start with a voting system that had such an objective rather than engage in deliberate
distortion of district boundaries in an attempt to overcome the deficiencies of a voting system designed for a completely different
purpose?

James Gilmour

Brian Olson  > Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:39 PM