[EM] Why the concept of "sincere" votes in Range is flawed.

Bob Richard lists001 at robertjrichard.com
Sun Jan 25 16:18:00 PST 2009

Jonathan Lundell wrote:

 > ... if a voter can pick a favorite (as required for plurality),
 > then a voter can build an ordered list.

Only if abstention is an option beginning at any iteration. In other
words, the voter has to have the option of saying, I will stay home
rather than vote for any of the remaining candidates. Otherwise, the
ability to order all of the candidates does not follow from the ability
to pick one from a list longer than the list in the current iteration.

--Bob Richard