[EM] STV and weighted positional methods

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 12:37:43 PST 2009

Ralph & other IRV/STV proponents,

I have already replied and clarified what I meant. Please go back and
reread cause I'm not going to keep retyping the same, and I cannot
prevent you from misconstruing my meaning if you insist.

To clarify one last time,  I clearly said (first sentence in my email)
that "I stand corrected" that am not against FAIR, EQUITABLE,
MONOTONIC PR methods. I.e. a multiple at-large contest with one ranked
or rated ballot as long as that ballot is counted in a fair,
equitable, monotonic way (I.e. NOT by IRV/STV methods).

There. I hope that helps you understand my position and I'm going to
from now on ignore any mischaracterizations of my positions and do
more productive activities for the rest of today.

Thanks.

Kathy

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Raph Frank >>>

--

Kathy Dopp

The material expressed herein is the informed  product of the author's
fact-finding and investigative efforts. Dopp is a Mathematician,
Expert in election audit mathematics and procedures; in exit poll
discrepancy analysis; and can be reached at

P.O. Box 680192
Park City, UT 84068
phone 435-658-4657

http://utahcountvotes.org
http://electionmathematics.org
http://kathydopp.com/serendipity/

Post-Election Vote Count Audit
A Short Legislative & Administrative Proposal
http://electionmathematics.org//ucvAnalysis/US/paper-audits/Vote-Count-Audit-Bill-2009.pdf

History of Confidence Election Auditing Development & Overview of
Election Auditing Fundamentals
http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/paper-audits/History-of-Election-Auditing-Development.pdf

Voters Have Reason to Worry
http://utahcountvotes.org/UT/UtahCountVotes-ThadHall-Response.pdf